Ross: Your money’s mine, Green.
Rachel: Your fly’s open, Geller.
Friends is pretty much my favorite sitcom of all time which is why, when I came up with the concept of doing a Top 5 every week, I decided to start with my top 5 favorite Friends episodes. Let’s get the toughest Top 5 out of the way first.
In no particular order:
“That’s MS. Chanandler Bong to you!”
1. The One with the Embryos (Season 4) – It is the heaviness of the A plot – Phoebe being implanted with her brother and sister-in-law’s embryos – in combination with the utter ridiculousness of the B plot – the quiz to win Monica’s apartment and the seriousness with which everyone approaches it – that puts this episode on my top 5.
Could I BE wearing any more clothes?
2. The One where No One’s Ready (Season 3) – No one does bottle episodes better than Friends and this was probably one of their best (the other being “The One where Ross Got High”). Every plot in this episode is firing on all cylinders and they all dovetail to the same end.
3. The One with All the Poker (Season 1) – I love the way all of the friends come together to show Rachel their support at the end. And the rhythm of the comedy in that final poker game is just killer.
4. The One where Ross Got High (Season 6) – I have Mrs. Gellar’s speech memorized. It never fails to make me laugh.
5. The One with the Morning After (Season 3) – The episode that gave us “We were on a BREAK!” and yet still made me cry.
Sure, these are a little early series heavy, but what are you gonna do. Those are my Top 5.